Graduate Software Developer
At Arctic Lake, we’re looking for problem-solving, challenge-seeking, knowledge-soaking recent or soon-to-be graduates to join our growing team in London.
Are you looking for an opportunity to dive head-first into a software development role where you can make meaningful contributions from the start? Do you dread the thought of being another cog in the machine at a big tech firm? Do you want the pace and potential of a start-up without the uncertainty and risk? If you answered an emphatic YES, this role is for you!
Who we are:
Arctic Lake is a growing tech company based in London that builds and operates custom high-performance low-latency trading platforms. Our proprietary software allows our financial services clients to compete in the tech-driven trading space without hiring their own in-house development teams.
Successful applicants should be:
- Degree-qualified in Computer Science, Information Engineering, or similar (or maybe your journey has been unique)
- Highly proficient in Java or C, and likely a few other languages
- Deeply interested in computing from first principles
- A creative thinker who loves tackling complex issues
- A self-starter who values seeing projects through from start to finish
- Able to ask for help when you need it
Your first three months will include various forms of on-the-job training, including pair programming, interactive talks, and collaborative problem-solving. During this time, you can expect to contribute and even lead on multiple projects and see your work go into production. By the end of this period, you will have a good grasp of the fundamentals and will start to work more independently, but you will continue to have a great deal of support from your peers and leadership.
Your responsibilities could include:
- Coding, testing and deploying high performance order management features
- Developing ultra low-latency exchange protocols
- Writing algorithmic and order routing logic
- Requirement analysis
- Prioritisation of features
- Client support
- Additional duties as requested
You will have informal reviews at the end of each of your first three months, then every 6 months after that, but we aim to provide constant feedback on your progress and achievements so you always know where you stand and have opportunities to ask questions and express concerns.
As we are looking to double the size of our development team over the next year and sustain growth thereafter, you can expect rapid expansion of your role and responsibilities in a short amount of time. This is a great opportunity for quick career progression that you cannot get at a larger company.
We can offer you:
- £50,000 annual salary
- Flexible hours
- Learning and development budget
- State-of-the-art tech
- Visa sponsorship (if needed)
- 20 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Pension matching
- Hybrid working options after successful onboarding
- Team lunches every week
- Free snacks/drinks
- Frequent socials and company events
- HackerRank coding challenge (2 hour time limit)
- Initial call with HR representative (15-20 minutes)
- Paired coding session (1 hour)
- Culture-fit interview with founder and developer (1 hour)