At Arctic Lake, we’re looking for problem-solving, challenge-seeking, knowledge-soaking developers to join our growing team in London.
Are you looking for an opportunity to dive head-first into a new software development role where you can make meaningful contributions? Do you have experience with a larger company that made you want something different? Do you want the pace and potential of a start-up without the uncertainty and risk? If you answered an emphatic YES, this role is for you!
A successful candidate will be:
- Coming in with 1-3 years of technical experience
- Degree-qualified in Computer Science, Information Engineering, or similar (or maybe your journey has been unique)
- Highly proficient in Java or C, and likely a few other languages
- Deeply interested in low-level programming
- A creative thinker who loves tackling complex issues
- A self-starter who values seeing projects through from start to finish
- Able to ask for help when you need it
Your first three months will include various forms of on-the-job training, including paired programming, interactive talks, and collaborative problem-solving. During this time, you can expect to contribute and even lead on multiple projects and see your work go into production. By the end of this period, you will have a good grasp of the fundamentals and will start to work more independently, but you will continue to have a great deal of support from your peers and leadership.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Coding, testing and deploying high performance order management features
- Developing ultra low-latency exchange protocols
- Writing algorithmic and order routing logic
- Requirement analysis
- Prioritisation of features
- Client support
- Additional duties as requested
You will have informal reviews at the end of each of your first three months, then every 6 months after that, but we aim to provide constant feedback on your progress and achievements so you always know where you stand and have opportunities to ask questions and express concerns.
As we are looking to double the size of our development team over the next year and sustain growth thereafter, you can expect rapid expansion of your role and responsibilities in a short amount of time. This is a great opportunity for quick career progression that you cannot get at a larger company.
We can offer you:
- £50,000 annual salary
- Flexible hours
- Learning and development budget
- State-of-the-art tech
- Visa sponsorship (if needed)
- 20 days holiday (plus all bank holidays)
- Pension matching
- Hybrid working options after successful onboarding
- Team lunches every week
- Free snacks/drinks
- Frequent socials and company events